Forum theme changes

• Vimes
  • Vimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #312 by Vimes
Forum theme changes was created by Vimes
Apologies for the glaring default theme for the forum at the moment. Its come to light that any of the older themes cause issues and the supposedly dominant joomla forum component can ONLY be used with this default theme. Some choice. Im considering changing the board entirely or reverting to an earlier form. Guess I like my choices within joomla too much - its kinda implicit to joomla.

Oops almost forgot - the issue was random posts appearing out of order in a thread, typically on top of the original post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #315 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic Forum theme changes
Hehe is it hard to add dates to posts so we know when they were posted?

• Vimes
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #316 by Vimes
Replied by Vimes on topic Forum theme changes
Usually no, but i think we need a forum update. Im offline until Wed then i am back n need suggestions quick lol

More
8 years 9 months ago #317 by crashhog
Replied by crashhog on topic Forum theme changes
Has there been word on linking or moving the BP forums for reading/reference in future posts?

• Vimes
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #318 by Vimes
Replied by Vimes on topic Forum theme changes
No news as yet, I imagine there are permission issues generally but in all honesty - if the T&C for the forum/game didnt sign over everyones stuff then I would be suprised. The devs could set up a phpbb board ( iirc) on my hosting reseller package and allow access from there for now. I have to say, the single biggest resource pile for the entire genre is lost everytime a dev goes down and just ignores the forum. If all forums were archived then future devs would cleary see some of the key issues and not be doomed, each time, to repeat them...

I need ideas on this though, im busy as hell, the sites all need more work than just recent updates to be up too speed and this is so not my area of expertise - and most coders I know, dont have the width of interest (ie outside of the code) to be able to advise on layouts and needs for the community sides of this. Even with bankruptcy and release of code to open source, DSE exhibits the heavy hand lol. Sigh. :blink:

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds