Making Unit and Building Design Names Public

• Amerlain
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #562 by Amerlain
This is a short one. When playing BP, I always thought how cool it would be to be able to see what other players named each unit and building type, as it would make it easier to match any design specs to units encountered. As everyone recalls, mousing over and selecting another player's unit or building would only show the hull type used, and would not display their design name. Allowing their custom design names to be seen in this way would add a new level of strategic depth, as players would be forced to consider whether or not to diversify their units more, or just to use different naming schemes.

Also, fixing the All Caps default text case issue for the renaming option would be nice. I always thought it would be kinder to the eyes to not have to look at one's list of designs and see random fully capitalized design names in the mix.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Amerlain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #565 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic Making Unit and Building Design Names Public
I for fixing the all-caps renames, 100%!

I had a suggestion in with DSE that I was told had been accepted, but never got coded, where a button would be added to the Prototype screen. Pressing the button would open a window similar to the E-mail window, and allow the player to type various notes about the design. These notes would be private. Something like this would make it possible to make the basic name of the unit public. Currently, since there is no such capability, most players tend to name their units according to the unit's function, such as "Dual Beam Corv" or whatever. These types of descriptions are not things players would want to be public. With private notes available, players could use *real* names.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds