A way for the new players.

More
8 years 8 months ago #478 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic A way for the new players.

Vimes wrote: I was going to suggest this idea under a revamp of aliasing - a feature with huge potential for tasking in a complex game and also a good system to sort payments out through. Expand the permissions and definately include fleet controls. I would keep the scope of control simple for single players with guilds getting an updated and more involved interface.

I would love to see Aliasing revamped in such a way as to make it so that a single Empire can be formed that is literally run by two or more players rather than the way it is now where an Alias is just a helper to the account owner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #500 by Astrogeorge
Replied by Astrogeorge on topic A way for the new players.
Why don't you guys follow SA's system where each new player picks an Alliance at the start like Legion of Systems, GC or UA and spawns in a "safe" zone protected by teamates who help each other, similar to Guilds in BP. Once a player becomes more advanced and wealthy they can sever their links with the Alliance and venture out into DEEP Space and build their own Empire...

Just a thought...

AG

More
8 years 8 months ago #504 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic A way for the new players.

Astrogeorge wrote: Why don't you guys follow SA's system where each new player picks an Alliance at the start like Legion of Systems, GC or UA and spawns in a "safe" zone protected by teamates who help each other, similar to Guilds in BP. Once a player becomes more advanced and wealthy they can sever their links with the Alliance and venture out into DEEP Space and build their own Empire...

Just a thought...

AG

Yup. Those were the three NPC Alliances that SA had.

More
8 years 8 months ago #507 by Vimes
Replied by Vimes on topic A way for the new players.
We are considering embedding the Qua'Sha Conclave, The Black Hand and the Traders Consortium into the game but a lot of thought needs to go into this lol. Probably ownt make the first incarnation of BP but maybe the more framework based follow up we plan.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #514 by Desertfox
Replied by Desertfox on topic A way for the new players.
Making fixed alliances is a bad idea, it removes the political part of the game. Players should be able to choose who they want to ally with and (more importantly) who they DON'T want to ally with. In fact, there was a discussion in tBH about where a player called AntofDeath would be the most dangerous to tBH: as a member of tBH or not as a member of tBH. And there were rumours of leaders in other guilds who were selling out guild members to the enemy (even giving away locations) in exchange for immunity from attack. Determining who is a spy (and should be kicked out) and who isn't is a game in itself.

Aurelius was able to monitor all the conversations in private and guild chat, and said that he was amazed by the amount of scheming, treason, espionage and and backstabbing taking place.

I do not think this is publicly known, but there was a lot of dissent within the Black Hand.
In fact, just before half the playerbase left due to the new homeworld tax and changes in rules making many existing fleets worthless, tBH was on the brink of a civil war, and was about to fall apart. I know because I was already recruited into a rebel faction consisting of half a dozen of the strongest tBH players, waiting for the right moment to strike. Aside from some "bad apples" in the guild, there was a feeling among some that there were too many tBH members that were just profiting from being in the most powerful guild at that time, without contributing much.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Desertfox.

• blackfang
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #516 by blackfang
Replied by blackfang on topic A way for the new players.
Well, no surprise really. I mean for instance when i played our system got pretty much sold out and i was in tBH, basically what happened was that everyone pulled their fleets for some reason out of the system followed by me being exterminated over the course of an hour or two. I never got to know exactly why but i believe it had something to do with me exterminating a few colonies of sir paradox, if not then it was sir paradox who helped me on my legs again later on when i respawned. I dont remember, it was years ago:( I ended up quitting after some time because my new fleets kept getting annihilated for no apperent reason, meaning i never got to see what happened because they got annihilated before i could react. All the time that is.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds