A way for the new players.

• blackfang
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #460 by blackfang
A way for the new players. was created by blackfang
Ok, so basically we all know the way of a new player. The feeling of being useless and little more then a target practice, there is still a long time until you can actually do anything besides researching and expanding colonies. (at least thats what i got from back in the beta) So, what i would like to see is that small players are able to graduate from being dust to irritations. I am not sure how to implant it but would it not be cool having the posibility for two players to enter a mutual arms deal where both are able to control eachothers military so instead of having a player caught up on one front with his main force and having to look back at his other colonies once in a while to make sure they are safe he could pick a new players to the alliance, enter into a deal with him and thus creating the possibilites for his army to split into two and for instance telling that other player to defend certain systems of interest. Thus you get way more useful new players and people would like to get sidekicks altough there would be several negative consequences with this, i am not sure which ones could be used.

Or just a system where old players are able to grant people control of their fleets withing for instance a small system, thus allowing a new player to command the home defense while the other player attacks somewhere. I am not sure how hard this would be to implant but i imagine that it would be very hard. Therefore its simply a suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #463 by Vimes
Replied by Vimes on topic A way for the new players.
I was going to suggest this idea under a revamp of aliasing - a feature with huge potential for tasking in a complex game and also a good system to sort payments out through. Expand the permissions and definately include fleet controls. I would keep the scope of control simple for single players with guilds getting an updated and more involved interface.

• blackfang
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #465 by blackfang
Replied by blackfang on topic A way for the new players.
Well this could potentially become a great asset:D

More
8 years 8 months ago #468 by Havoc
Replied by Havoc on topic A way for the new players.
I'm going to post this idea separately, but in response to Blackfang and Vimes, I would love to see a guild alias.

[Oh and while we're on it, can we not call them guilds? Still reminds me more of swords and shields, not space empires...]

This would allow new players to join a guild and have rank based access to the guild assets. It would also encourage more guild cooperation and thus keep people in game.

More details in my post to follow!

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #476 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic A way for the new players.

Havoc wrote: [Oh and while we're on it, can we not call them guilds? Still reminds me more of swords and shields, not space empires...]

In the existing thread on Renaming stuff, changing "Guilds" to "Alliances" is already listed. :)
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Trifler.

More
8 years 8 months ago #477 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic A way for the new players.
Some of the changes being suggested would definitely help new players. The Alliance tech sharing would definitely help. The idea for being able to design and build when minerals may not be available will help. Rebalancing the weapons will help.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds