Ways to balance bigger ships to make them usefull

More
8 years 4 months ago #1144 by Shadowbreed
Replied by Shadowbreed on topic Ways to balance bigger ships to make them usefull
They are.. if you know how to use the bigger ships.

A mixed fleet with fighters, vettes, destroyers, cruisers, and a battleship, will outperform a vette only fleet every time, as long as they're properly controlled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crazyewok
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1145 by crazyewok
Agreed but also part of the idea is to discourage people leaveing thousnads of ships just lieng around dont doing anything. Big fleets are good and have there place in times of war. But in peace the bulk of the fleet should be withdrawn. It intemidating to newbies to see hundreds of ships everywere and it uses sever resources.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1149 by Ghosage
Ok gentleman,

Been there and bought the t-shirts. We had warpoints in original bp that basically drove many away from the game.

Sounds like you are requesting the same thing which will hurt the game again.

For myself warpoints was fine once you got into wars and built up a stockpile.

As for ships usefulness. I refuse to build a bs until i am ready.

I already know the design right down to the exaust port.

As for vettes being more useful well unfortunately you can combine damage and spd in a vette.

Bigger ships are slower and tend to be a pain in movement unless you get one of these ultra rare techs which will fuel the warp/lightspd or what ever.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1157 by Cyrusblack2
Replied by Cyrusblack2 on topic Ways to balance bigger ships to make them usefull
ive always felt bigger ships should cost maintenence.

1% of there build cost, when docked, 1% every hour instead of every tick

• crazyewok
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1163 by crazyewok

Ghosage wrote: Ok gentleman,

Been there and bought the t-shirts. We had warpoints in original bp that basically drove many away from the game.

Sounds like you are requesting the same thing which will hurt the game again.

For myself warpoints was fine once you got into wars and built up a stockpile.

As for ships usefulness. I refuse to build a bs until i am ready.

I already know the design right down to the exaust port.

As for vettes being more useful well unfortunately you can combine damage and spd in a vette.

Bigger ships are slower and tend to be a pain in movement unless you get one of these ultra rare techs which will fuel the warp/lightspd or what ever.

Well no Its nothing like warpoints. You can have as big a fleet as you like and be as paecefull as you like. But dont expect to have them sitting at WH doing nothing. You will have the stationed in strategicaly placed space station wont you to save money until theres a big nasty war? (Which will help lower sever load as wont have to render loeads of graphics). There will be no ships Self destrusteing and pressure on the player to war. You want you massive fleets sitting around you just gotta pay for the privalage.....or have the ships docked.

All this idea will stop is thounsands of ships sitting around systems doing nothing. And hopefully reduce the power of vettes.

And no pressure to build BS if you dont want to build loads of fighters. Corvettes sgould'nt be the counter to everything.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by crazyewok.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1165 by Shadowbreed
Replied by Shadowbreed on topic Ways to balance bigger ships to make them usefull
Which makes it even more difficult for noobs to defend their systems,or for anyone to anticipate what kind of forces they may be facing.

Aside from the server load, I'm only seeing downsides.

It'll make large ships used less, it'll hurt noobs since they can't place destroyers and the like defending their wormholes, it'll have less ships spread out, so everyone will just make strongholds and as such cause even less fighting then there already is currently.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds