Ways to balance bigger ships to make them usefull

• crazyewok
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1166 by crazyewok

Shadowbreed wrote: Which makes it even more difficult for noobs to defend their systems,or for anyone to anticipate what kind of forces they may be facing.

Aside from the server load, I'm only seeing downsides.

It'll make large ships used less, it'll hurt noobs since they can't place destroyers and the like defending their wormholes, it'll have less ships spread out, so everyone will just make strongholds and as such cause even less fighting then there already is currently.

I see the oposite. As far as antispateing forces well simple fix! Agent missions! easy. Use agents.

And as for newbs defending the systems loool they cant anyway. A vet player will smash there fleets easy. And anyway. You would balance it so that a fleet to protect a system would be afordable. I'm talking about a player with fleets AT EVERY WH. A standing home defence fleet would be doable. It

And large ships wouldnt be used less why? Cause as soon as war id deced you undock you big bad ass cruisers and destroyers and go for it.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by crazyewok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1167 by Shadowbreed
Replied by Shadowbreed on topic Ways to balance bigger ships to make them usefull
No reason to fill a station with destroyers, cruisers or battleships, when they can be stuffed with more corvettes.

Everything you've mentioned will just make them less useful imho.
Not just that, it will probably turn the game in to "who can spam the most corvettes"

• crazyewok
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1168 by crazyewok
Well not really if Cruisers and Battleships and destroyers make short work of them. If coervettes are completty out classed then you wont stuff your station full of them. The avantage of vettes should be there ability to enter the asmosphere.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds