My Favorite Part About Sirp/Anx's Beyond Protocol

More
9 years 2 months ago #1106 by Goudron1
Geeze Crash, stir the pot much? :P

In defense of Light's "propaganda" I joined this go round of the game right when this was happening. I'd been in game a few days and didn't notice any sign of him being online. Then one day he was on, and we chatted some. I remember asking him how long he'd been terrorizing this universe (a lighthearted "how long ago did you start on the server?"), and he replied not really that long, and he was hardly terrorizing anything. He did in fact talk about how he had to take care of a boatload of excess colonies due to the new tax rule, and that he was going to do X or Y. Meanwhile he was fighting Cyrus, and he mentioned a few noobs had done some spy missions on him. The next day he was banned and no one seemed exactly sure why or for how long.

Apophis, read the comments on the doomed senate prop, Anxcon clearly states that the ban was not for alts. I don't know why anyone is even talking about it anymore.

Cyrus, I'm pretty sure AO formed into the group that it is now because people in TC were friends. It's nice to have the guild chat tab. TBH it's the reason I rejoined. I was going to go it alone, but it felt rather antisocial. There are noobs in our guild btw. It's much easier to accept guild apps when alts are outlawed.

RE: Senate proposal. There was no way it was going to pass. Inactives owning a bunch of planets, noobs with planetary ownership sure as hell weren't going to vote in the "noob killer." What active in AO didn't vote yes? The default "no" vote contributed quite a lot to the outcome. Cypherlieu votes, of course, were all no. Default vote should be "Abstain" and majority should rule with some minimum vote requirement to prevent a handful of people from passing something a true majority wouldn't want.

Anxcon and SirP, I think you're trying to balance the game a little better. If you don't have Light around to test it out, how will you know when it's balanced? It's not like he's the only player in the world who will play in this style. There will be other Light's (maybe none quite so shiny, but you get the point) that come to play the game if it gets as popular as you'd like it to. The new tax system might have done the trick, but you don't know. It's a significantly different game, cash is strangely scarce. Building a fleet of corvettes is a major investment whereas before it was just the norm. Unfortunately, I think it also keeps warring down as people rely on TI to build with. Maybe after everyone builds their military to a comfortable level all hell will break loose. I bet if Light came back, there will be a little more war on the server for you ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #1108 by Cyrusblack2

Goudron1 wrote: Geeze Crash, stir the pot much? :P

Anxcon and SirP, I think you're trying to balance the game a little better. If you don't have Light around to test it out, how will you know when it's balanced? It's not like he's the only player in the world who will play in this style. There will be other Light's (maybe none quite so shiny, but you get the point) that come to play the game if it gets as popular as you'd like it to. The new tax system might have done the trick, but you don't know. It's a significantly different game, cash is strangely scarce. Building a fleet of corvettes is a major investment whereas before it was just the norm. Unfortunately, I think it also keeps warring down as people rely on TI to build with. Maybe after everyone builds their military to a comfortable level all hell will break loose. I bet if Light came back, there will be a little more war on the server for you ;)

admitely i think light is too good at this game, hes been inac for a month now, and all of us are still trying to kill his shit with little success. however, thats no excuse to keep him off the server, essentially what was just said here...

More
9 years 2 months ago #1109 by Megatron

Light wrote: ...and I am from Massachusetts)

Fuck yeah, Taxachusetts!

Light wrote: People know that I, as a player, am not able to be stopped, regardless of how many are put against me.

You can be stopped. People just are just to busy stroking their pretty fleets to actually use them. Their colonies burn, they cry. You scratch the paint job, they cry (it's not THAT kind of Corvette). It's not just you, it's them. Burn my colonies and I make new ones, scratch my paint and I uh oh better call Maaco.

Cyrusblack2 wrote: oh god.. please PLEASE dont taunt him like that.

this guild is entirely Newbs, or Old Vetts That Play Like Newbs
currently we couldnt fight our way out of a paperbag, let alone a Light player.

what are we going to do with a combined strength of 200K score anyway?

Challenge accepted! Seriously, Cyrus, don't make me kill you.

• Light
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #1110 by Light
removed
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Light.

More
9 years 2 months ago #1111 by Megatron

Light wrote:

Megatron wrote: You can be stopped. People just are just to busy stroking their pretty fleets to actually use them. Their colonies burn, they cry. You scratch the paint job, they cry (it's not THAT kind of Corvette). It's not just you, it's them. Burn my colonies and I make new ones, scratch my paint and I uh oh better call Maaco.

Of course I can be stopped! But if no one challenges me, not being able to be stopped is a mute point cause everyone gives up. My claims of unstoppability are mostly a satire and trying to get at the point that if people wanted to play the game, that they could do something about me instead of resorting to an "i-dont-wanna-try" ban.

I did explain to people on that senate vote that unbanning you meant they'd have to fight you and I wouldn't want to here a single moan from people (I didn't vote. Have no strong feelings one way or another. Just another menace to kill, really). That probably worked against you, but it was the truth. Even without you around, we still get long bitch-fests on chat about protecting weak players and boo-hoo I don't want to fight in a war game so don't kill me. Personally, I've started enslaving the carebears.

More
9 years 2 months ago #1112 by Apophis
Woot! Go System Lords!

Pissing me off that i cant login yet... grrr

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds