My Favorite Part About Sirp/Anx's Beyond Protocol

More
9 years 3 months ago #962 by Inglonias
I don't like Light too much, but if there's one thing he's doing, it's making sense.

Does that count for anything in the eyes of the devs?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #963 by Amerlain
Light, did I understand your response to Noname correctly? Is it ok for players to clear out your colonies since you are banned? Will you hold it against (new) players if they do, whether you are able to return eventually or not?
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Amerlain.

More
9 years 3 months ago #969 by Cyrusblack2
while its true that Cypher/lights banning is unfair.

what are we to do ? hes too damn good at the game, how do we balance a talented player in this kind of world? you cant just ban everyone that plays to well

this is a quandary indeed.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #970 by Amerlain
I think we should try to keep things in perspective here. My understanding of the ban was that: 1) He used multiple accounts/alt accounts, and 2) He used them in sync with his main account. The argument then is that he: 1) Broke server rules, and 2) He broke them in a way that imbalanced the game server.

Whether or not he is eventually able to come back, to play, is irrespective of the fact that his ban was the result of multi use, and would not have occurred had he not used multis/alts. Having said that, and however much it may surprise you, I would be among those who would argue strongest for him coming back as a player...but without any of the accounts related to his alt ring. I think the penalty for using alts should be the loss of all associated accounts (including the main), or, at the least, the loss of all secondary accounts and a forced respawn/SD of the main account (unless it could be argued that the main account in some way benefitted from the alts in terms of research).

But now this is starting to sound like the Ban Alt Accounts thread, so I will desist, except to say that I think I answered my own question...sorry Light, but I will be even more active from now on in encouraging new players to clear the colonies for practice...please don't hold it against them; being banned for using alts is kind of like the developers saying someone is at war with the whole server. In truth, it is really up to you to work something out with both the developers and the community if you want to come back (as without the developers volunteering as much time as they have and the donated server, we wouldn't have a game to play; server rules are server rules...No Alts!).
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Amerlain.

• Light
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #971 by Light
removed
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Light.

More
9 years 3 months ago #972 by Megatron
Pew pew.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds