My Favorite Part About Sirp/Anx's Beyond Protocol

• Light
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #948 by Light
removed
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Light.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #949 by NoName4u
If you do not realize that your 5m military vs noob 5k military is in no way helpful to the game you do not belong here. This is not Light's sandbox of noob killing, the source code is available go host your own version and kill noobs.

• Light
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #950 by Light
removed

More
8 years 10 months ago #951 by NoName4u
I am in no way angry dude. In fact I am thrilled now I get to test all my ships on your junk that is in space.

• Light
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #952 by Light
removed

More
8 years 10 months ago #953 by Apophis
Perhaps the solution to your ban is to put together a small guide (maybe without certain specifics, like how you get micro components, etc) on your overall strategy and design philosophy. I can't imagine SirP would consider you overpowered if some other players had capabilities closer to yours.

When I played BP I saw two major mindsets with the people who were considered heavy hitters:

There was only one way to do something right.

There was no way anyone would help someone new figure it out.

The first one is wrong because there is always another path, which the viability of is a different topic.

The second is wrong, because it sets a very definable separation between who is going to win and who is food for the winner. While tech races are a good thing, certain 'tricks' need to be universally known, but not necessarily spelled out in a step by step guide. An individual still has to master them and be able to apply them to a design and tactics to use them.

For example, the micro component kerfuffle from OSBP was basically what separated players from being easy winners or consistent losers. All it would have taken was a definitive explanation of the idea of MCing and things would have been fine. Players would still have had to figure it out for themselves and make it work. But knowing something exists in the first place is half the battle.

Anyway, I think you should be reinstated, but perhaps make it an easier decision for them to reach.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds