Is AP server down at this time ?

More
1 year 2 months ago #4176 by Alien-Breed
Replied by Alien-Breed on topic Is AP server down at this time ?
yes havent been able to log on for a few days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #4177 by zemunelo
Replied by zemunelo on topic Is AP server down at this time ?
Actually I think I have played yesterday afternoon but in the evening the server refused connection.
And while I played yesterday it was problematic so I was forced to restart the game several times.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #4178 by MetAssassina
Replied by MetAssassina on topic Is AP server down at this time ?
EDIT 20:15 PM GMT+1
AP Server back online,
Thanks Sir P!

AP Server was shortly back 2 days ago, then down again.
Directly sent mail to Sir P to warn him about, no answer yet.

Send him a mail, so he will know I'm not only one waiting to play ;)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

So no idea on what is the problem this time. Apparently the game need regular -but short- downtimes. But seems the other server running "BP2", had or have no such (or so many?) downtimes.
So, is it because of AP having much more data to handle? (much more systems, colonies and fleets...)
Or because of the actual AP server is not powerful enough?
Or because SirP have no time again for AP?

We proposed many times to raise money to rent a decent/working server but Sir P was answering AP can't bring money, cause it must stay OS and free. When raising money to rent a server is not making profit.

I'm glad to know there is another server running BP2 but sorry, I don't want to play that old version full of bug, when I know AP exist, with a much larger universe, tons of bug fixed and very nice updates or new features.

Would be so nice if Sir P would accept to let us run the actual AP version and universe on a collective server that others skilled players could help to keep running without so many downtimes.
After 3 years of playing AP, conclusion is this is the only real solution.
But as I don't think this will happen soon, I'll keep an eye on AP server and if you know or discover a similar game, please let me know;)
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MetAssassina.

More
1 year 2 months ago #4179 by zemunelo
Replied by zemunelo on topic Is AP server down at this time ?
The main problem is that in every 10 minutes (or less) the game is not responsive anymore.
You can listen the music, watch your units and/or buildings and even click on them to issue an order but nothing will happen. And you cant change (load) new environment.
If you restart the game all is working for another 10 minute (or less) and even your last orders are already completed (like unload the resources or start creating the unit/armor...).

Or I'm just the one who has this problem?

p.s.
The game would work very fine with FTP model, but it is now open source and free, so...

More
1 year 2 months ago #4180 by MetAssassina
Hi Zemu,

as told you yesterday : don't have such problems on my side,
had you comment from other player?
looks like it could be a problem on your side, connection? modem?

did you mail Sir P about?

hope you find a solution,
see you ingame.

More
1 year 2 months ago #4181 by MetAssassina
MISSING FACILITIES, Trouble...

Said I had no problem ingame, wrong: after second check lost many facilities on different planets and systems

Various CC vanished, but seems to "still be there" as I can't build new one and colony isn't reported in red as when you lost the CC in colony manager

Many facilities missing but no attack, attack or lost mail, nor damages around as those facilities are generally at centre of colony

Zemu told me he lost a whole colony but had a lost mail but no attack one...?

Mailed Sir P about, no answer yet.

If you also have missing units please report here, thanks

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds