AP server downtime + pirate invasion!

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4131 by Amerlain
Replied by Amerlain on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
Just wanted to let everyone know that there are test Pirates stations in Docchu, near Docchu I. At this time, they are fully visible on the system map. There is also a test colony for the Pirates on Docchu I. Alien-Breed is working on some new designs for the Pirates, so if you come on maybe you could say "hi" to him and thank you. He also has invited people to attack these Pirates stations (though I'm unsure about the colony...perhaps he will clarify). I may dabble with this at some point too, but there is no line...if you have the means to go to Docchu, maybe you should try it out. Alien-Breed did say he wanted to watch, so maybe see if he is online first and able to see. This is all part of the process of helping Sir P prepare the Pirates for a possible future upgrade in potential and scope (though can be fun in its own right, too). If you have the ability to record video of these tests, please do and share if you can.

One more thing: Sir P might be doing some work on the server, so maybe also check to see if it's an ok time from that standpoint to attack these stations.

Happy hunting.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Amerlain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4132 by Alien-Breed
Replied by Alien-Breed on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
hi Amerlain! Ive spent most time on it than others but its not just me .
dont attack the colony but the station above docchu 1 is fair (or maybe unfair :evil: ) game! Gl!
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Alien-Breed.

• MetAssassina
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4139 by MetAssassina
Replied by MetAssassina on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
Edit: server back since few days
recent news on the Galactic News is confirmation
but for now the serverstut can't be trusted

AFTER Protocol Server is actually down, even if the server status on GNS is green: he's wrong
will be back soon
Server upgrade....
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by MetAssassina.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4141 by elprey
Replied by elprey on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
In other news the BP server has been running smooth for months with zero downtime. >.>

• MetAssassina
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 6 days ago #4149 by MetAssassina
Replied by MetAssassina on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
WARNING:
About the pirate's bases over M1 (if you found the place, you know the system):
if you plan to attack those bases, DON'T do it, you will only loose time and specially ships!
As pirates benefit from special research and production conditions, seems they are able to build almost invulnerable SS. Almost...
There is still a weakness but just one, think about it before sending your best fleet to suicide mission.

UPDATE HERE : www.beyondprotocol.org/component/option,...c,view/id,4144/#4153
Last edit: 2 years 6 days ago by MetAssassina.

More
2 years 5 days ago #4154 by Alien-Breed
Replied by Alien-Breed on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
well we will never know how tough they were they seem to have gone.I havent seen sir p on to ask whats going on . I dont think they have been destroyed by player but im not sure.

Nothing is invulnerable in bp (unless there is a bug which does happen ive seen it!)

I would like to suggest there be 2 pirate accounts that can be used for testing , and perhaps make up a new account normal player that can be used as allias for testing . That way nobody is going to get tonnes of exp from tests and it makes testing much quicker than arranging tests with other players. As it is, the pirates are sitting ducks unless they have the uber ss or some way to make them less so.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds