AP server downtime + pirate invasion!

• MetAssassina
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4121 by MetAssassina
AP server downtime + pirate invasion! was created by MetAssassina
AP server is actually on "downtime mode"/off, this downtime must be done regularly, game was built this way.

But this downtime is a special one, as it must also be the prelude to some "pirate invasion"!

Lot of rumors circulating about this pirate invasion on galactic inter-system frequencies. Seems that pirates will be able to build Space Station in various systems and start expanding across systems until players stop them!

Stay tuned, check the Galactic News channel for more info soon (link). Most Colonies, Federations or Empires's fleets are on red alert, waiting the downtime end to start the hunt! (and/or to try surviving;)

A nice idea that will prolly bring a true PVE challenge to AP.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by MetAssassina.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4122 by Alien-Breed
Replied by Alien-Breed on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
i thought id broke something ! SirP " dont research any more minerals or you will break the server"....2 hours laterrr. "you have discovered a new.................."

• MetAssassina
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 1 month ago #4123 by MetAssassina
Replied by MetAssassina on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
Hi Alien!

That's why a server state warning on the launch interface or/and the galactic news system would be nice : on this board you can find post from players that did re-install game and such because they didn't knew there was a server downtime. Same happened to a friend of mine that wanted to try the game...

Already asked if possible to ad that function to SirP and Tes, will ask again asap.

C U in space...

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4128 by Amerlain
Replied by Amerlain on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
Looks like the server is up now. No sign of any new Pirates activity so far, but appearances can be deceiving...they could be spreading quietly. Also, I should mention that anyone new that would like to sign up still can...from what I've heard, as long as your system is a locked spawn system the Pirates will not bother you, and you can get help to get ready for them if you want to leave your starting system. Together we can defeat the Pirates scourge.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Amerlain.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4129 by SirParadox
Replied by SirParadox on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
Sadly the downtime was unexpected as the result of a renegade code breakpoint.

If I recall I have a SQL table that made it possible for the website to show up/down status. I’ll remind myself how that works, does it work, etc, and send it off to,our snazzy web team TesBoom.

We can add it to the header of BP notes.php such it will always show on the updater. Also the updater is an independent server hiding in the basement of some datacenter is is therefore not affected by game server outages etc.

Right now I’m giving folks access to alias pirates. Build and research free. The intent is to design worthy units for any future pirate plague. I stole from Enoch’s idea that each unit tracks kill stats on the prototype level. I use the best of the best units however that just means they are great at swatting flies, not shielded bases. Therefore pirates can wipe an undefended colony but can’t even dent a normal one, let alone anyone’s battlestation in orbit. There is no use in me writing a real pirate expansion AI if the AI itself doesn’t have tiers of base building choices, and tiers of units to save up for and build.

Before I write anything I will see peer review. I suck at creating anything. For 20 years I rarely crafted something new. Give me a working model of something and I am a force multiplier. With that in mind I’m confident my pirate ai ideas could use your ideas added in there. This is our game, not my game. :)

Also on my bucket list. If I recall there were preorder hulls. And guild specific hulls. I’m going to find a way to unlock them for all.

Also still working on agents able to sabotage a planet shield. Also working to make orbital mining platforms have a ‘colony’ which means it would be included in transports and the transfer resources window would work.

A recent fix. If you had a route that went to unload on a planet, the target building had to have its own cargo. Also there was a bug if you selected anything other then no load and checked unload, it would load and reload. I could find no match of,the selection and unload that actually worked. But I know it worked! Either way I fixed it somewhat. Select the top entry, no load I think, and check the box and it will unload.

Cheers.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4130 by Zelitamn
Replied by Zelitamn on topic Re: AP server downtime + pirate invasion!
I want my preorder hull Hexahedron that looked like a borg cube.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds