Restricting or Delisting The Pirates Alloys

• Amerlain
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1555 by Amerlain
I've noticed that some people have been concerned about the Trade interface. While the problems mentioned have been resolved, I have found myself wondering about the extensive list of pirates alloys. Does the long list of pirates alloys, and how the pirates account posts them, affect server lag? Could it in any way be a contributing factor to the RAM management issues? I'm certain it isn't, but even discounting that, I feel that the pirates alloys could maybe be listed differently, to reduce clutter, as it seems to me that there is limited demand for alloys and the list just keeps getting longer.

Two ideas:

1) Put a time limit on how long a pirates alloy listing is active: Perhaps each posting could be up for 2 weeks or so before either being removed entirely, or, perhaps, being converted into its constituent minerals which would then be posted on the minerals exchange. If the latter would not be possible, then perhaps the alloy could be converted into a random roll of a supercommon of equal sum and then posted to the minerals exchange.

2) Remove all pirates alloys altogether: Currently listed alloys would be converted into their constituent minerals or a random supercommon then posted to the minerals trade board, and any future alloys acquisitions by the pirates account would be immediately translated into minerals before being posted to the minerals exchange.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Amerlain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1557 by Moneyone2
Replied by Moneyone2 on topic Restricting or Delisting The Pirates Alloys
i like the 1st option
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Moneyone2.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1562 by Havoc
I am all for any pirate alloys becoming their constituent minerals and being sold on market. IMO alloys are far too complex and limited in quantity to be traded between anything less than best friends in game, so, pirates selling them, is mega useless...

However, if we had the ability to recycle any components or alloys in our possession, through the refinery maybe, then I would have no problem with them staying up as alloys! I would require the return rate to be around 50-80% before endorsing this though ;)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Havoc.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1620 by Trifler
Replied by Trifler on topic Restricting or Delisting The Pirates Alloys
I would like the pirate alloys to either drop as raw minerals or not drop at all. Not only is the Trade interface a concern, but every time you pick up an alloy, it's stuck in your list forever, with no way to delete it. They're also completely useless.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds