NOTICE

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
9 years 10 months ago #581 by Cyrusblack2
Replied by Cyrusblack2 on topic Re: NOTICE
download the entire game from the website, i think all the client info is in there..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #582 by blackfang
Replied by blackfang on topic Re: NOTICE
I don't think that it is possible on my computer then, well. Better luck when monday comes, i will get a brand new computer:D

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #584 by Amerlain
Replied by Amerlain on topic Re: NOTICE
There's a way to get it to work. Check out my tutorial in the Website Issues area of the Forum. Let me know if it helps.

www.beyondprotocol.org/component/option,...,7/func,view/id,583/
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Amerlain.

More
9 years 10 months ago #585 by SirParadox
Replied by SirParadox on topic Re: NOTICE
Lol Cyrus just loves to make stuff up.

1) Account signups are totally automatic. Register on the website, and just like BP, you are ready to play BP/SA within a few minutes. However only the BP server is up.

2a) I made the installation process, for those without the game, painless. Just
a> mkdir d:\bp (any folder really, you pick)
b> download updaterclient.exe
c> put it in your bp folder
d> Run updaterclient.exe
.. It will restart a few times and suck down the game. I have all the bandwidth in the world so I don't mind full client downloads..

2b) Or download the game installer, and run that. However it WILL require you to manually tweek the updaterclient.ini file to point to my server. I haven't attempted to dust off the 'game install maker' so I think if anything I am going to disable the full download.

3) You can IM me.. I don't care
AIM: NacParadox.
YHO: SirParadox2001
MSN: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
GOOG: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
astra: SirParadox
ICQ: 652116 (Lol as IF I even log on to that crap anymore)

I'd give you AnxCon's (aka Nero) IM but he'd freak out :P

-SirParadox / EpicFail

ps. I think AnxCon is running a special. Get 2 friends to signup and play, and we'll rename your SpawnStar to a sci-fi'ish name of your choosing, even after yourself. :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #586 by blackfang
Replied by blackfang on topic Re: NOTICE
I will have to reinstall it when monday comes but i managed to get it to work with a bit of help from my lovely internets:D Anyways, now i have to see if my computer can handle the game, its not the best computer. Altough my new computer is ordered and arrives at monday:) So at least it won't be long until i can play for real:D

More
9 years 10 months ago #589 by Wixie
Replied by Wixie on topic Re: NOTICE
Morning =) Just want to start off saying Ive been wanting to try this game since its beta but never really had the time. I appreciate your taking the time to do this and all the above help to get the game up and running on your server. I am however having one small hitch.

I'm a first time installer, and followed Amerlain's tutorial to the point I registered on the after protocol site and this site. Didn't see forums on the former hence posting here, so if this is not the preferred site please let me know. Anyway changed the data in the updater config and BP file as instructed. I was able to get to the screen where I made my empire name, flag etc but after that it says I have an invalid log in name or password.

Do I need to wait for someone to activate my account (Sorry I know SirP said auto but OP said you had to wait and I am having this hiccup), or did I make an error somewhere?

*Note I completely removed all data in updaterconfig and used Amerlain's lines, and for BP Ini I just added the 4 lines at the top as I understand it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds