End 1:30 armor please

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1146 by Blazde
Replied by Blazde on topic Re: End 1:30 armor please

Tyrant wrote: I also support removing it, as i understand it diffrent rules randomly apply for 1:30 armor compared to all others

There's no different rules or exploiting, simply the better you make the armour the bigger costs you have and the harder it is to hit the window where costs balance payment. 1:30 is the maximum ratio so of course it's most difficult there. Additionally the more control you want over where the payment is made, again the harder it is. Seems to me to work exactly as intended. There's even a series of special techs to reduce the cost

BUT unlike basically every other component the techs aren't vital. So far from 'vets mowing over noobs' it's the one place someone starting out can have parity, simply by consulting the information available (both now and in original BP) on the forums. If you don't like Cyrus's quick and dirty instructions then Light's excellent video is still up:

Any noob with a desire to learn the game can follow and build on that with ease

So anyway I came here to say lets end 200+ speed fighters because vets use them to mow over noobs. I felt sick when I made my first 200 speed fighter knowing it would go up against pititful 30 speed sitting duck targets...
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Trifler.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1148 by Goudron1
Replied by Goudron1 on topic Re: End 1:30 armor please
There is a cost to do it whether it's high research time/cost, high production time/cost or high mineral cost. Blazde's point about noobs being able to do it is quite valid. Day 1 any player can make excellent bombs, projectiles, or armor, regardless of tech. Why nerf noobs?

If you do remove it, what happens to the 1:30 armor that people have foolishly stockpiled?

I also recall Anxcon saying at the end of live "why didn't anyone try for more than 1:30?" :ohmy:

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1150 by Ghosage
Replied by Ghosage on topic Re: End 1:30 armor please
Next you be asking to nerf pulse weapons.

My god suck it up and get out there. As it is people do not get involved in wars anyways.

Please note Anx has said the more common the tech as in the more people have it.

A starting player will get it sooner.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1151 by NoName4u
Replied by NoName4u on topic Re: End 1:30 armor please
Why hasnt anyone else made 1:100?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1152 by Berndarmin
Replied by Berndarmin on topic Re: End 1:30 armor please
can it even be done?

• Leadcask
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #1153 by Leadcask
Replied by Leadcask on topic Re: End 1:30 armor please
I'll suck it up. & stop whineing. Thanks for the input on this issue.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds