Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #2340 by Cyrusblack2
Replied by Cyrusblack2 on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
back in 2012 i spoke with Nick Nieuwoudt (lead dev) about the pitfalls that BP ran into , and the various things hed have to watch out for. skype called for about 2-3 hours. anxcon was involved with them for a time as well. they arnt quite the same thing. but i have hopes.

if i ever get into it, give me a call.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #2362 by elprey
Replied by elprey on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
removed
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by elprey.

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #2363 by Cyrusblack2
I code a bit, and VB is pretty easy. but i could never run a server (i dont know how to SQL). several members of the game have attempted to run servers before and "update, upgrade" the code. none have succeeded unfortunately. after protocol's operator is a bit ... skittish... but yes. i can help you. just be aware, before you try to market the game, it needs to be "fixed" send me a PM here in the forums(to keep botscrawlers from parsing out my email). there are a few things we should discuss first.
oh. and the source files are here, but seriously, mail me.

sourceforge.net/projects/beyondprotocol/

More
6 years 5 months ago #2364 by Ghosage
Replied by Ghosage on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
Sirp is the one that was maintaining after protocol but i think his personal life is the priority now.

I thought it was a condition of the original owners of bp that the game could not make money since they made the source files available to everyone.

He has done a lot of work on the game fixing code. I am not convinced cyrus that you could fix it better. I also noted awhile back about you saying that we were using bugs to our advantage. Personally I disagree with you. I believe i was using designs as they were permitted.

The bug that made me leave was simply sirp not understanding that when he downtime the server the ai orders would stop working. So my buildings where no longer firing on my enemies until i reset the ai. TP was taking advantage of this wither intentionally or not. It does not matter to me that they were using this advantage what mattered was sirp was unwilling to understand it as a bug. I have perfect components, max radar tech yet I was getting out ranged it seemed. So he kept on saying he agreed that 255 rng should be the cap on where people could shoot. I disagree with a 255 rng cap. What my problem was the ai resetting and not defending my bases when i was offline. So I left guild and suicided so tp would leave my guild memebers alone.

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #2365 by Cyrusblack2
yes. SirP has done a great job smoothing out BP. its commendable. and yes, i think his personal life is his focus right now.

yes no money whatsoever (INCLUDING DONATIONS) can me made to any aspect of "Beyond Protocol". you would have to make a new game.

Yes. i agree with you whole heartily ghosage, i cannot "fix it better" by myself. i would be delusional to think i could manage all on my own. i have ideas, solutions for balance, but i cant think of everything. and to be fair, i sometimes think of stuff thats simply too much. so yes. bring a community in, and we can debate it. we need the means and the mode to do so.

TC / AO has a lot of bad blood aimed at it for sins of past and present (inaction mostly and unwilliness to aid new people ). you yourself were complicit in multiple genocides. i have no pity for your empire crumbling. Schadenfreude. we had railed against the tyranny of AO/TC and Light/cypherleiu for along time. even though the universe was crumbling, your blood was still to be had.. and it was so sweet.

note that this vengeance-y thing is only related to Beyond protocol and Afterprotocol. any new games we may play would have a clean slate.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds