Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs

More
6 years 9 months ago #2315 by Minister
Replied by Minister on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
I got some of your answer but not all of it. So primary weapon and secondary weapons have no difference and PD is just a Point defense bonus.
Also the missile do i only make one missile weapon or multiple? For bombs i only have to make one. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #2316 by Cyrusblack2
Replied by Cyrusblack2 on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
Primary and Secondary weapons just let you tweak when they fire using the orders button after a ship is built. Point defense is a buff / debuff, its very hard to make an effective PD weapon, in my opinion. usually you want to design the weapon around the future use as a PD weapon. Missiles are a odd weapon. but effective if designed correctly.
the issue of "one or multiple" im not sure how to effectively graph it, but all weapons have exponential expenses in hull, power and price exc. designing a single weapon is more efficient in all respects, but depending on the job that your building that ship for, you may be willing to invest in multiple weapons.

essentally:
Big Initial weapon expense chunk ->*raise stats* -> exponential (NOT INCREMENTAL) expenses, low returns -> *raise stats past "soft caps" -> "infinite" expenses.

i can draw you a graph if you like. it really is statistical analysis.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2317 by Minister
No need I have it thought out. I have yet another question.(I keep stumbling into dark areas) My question is What is the difference in Cutting edge and Gradient in alloy making. Thanks! :cheer:

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #2318 by Cyrusblack2
visibly or obviously, nothing. however micro components, which can give +10% to positive stats and -10% to negative stats, use them. properties are not actually 1-10 they are actually up to 1.001. and they arnt visible, so your working in the dark. its honestly overly complex for a new player, id ingore hte details of such.
however higher levels of alloying do alow you to push right over the top of whatever your alloy imputs are. essentally you can force "hydrogen" into "gold" more or less (thats the idea anway). kinda broke the game a lont time ago, but it works well enough if you dont feel like dealing wiht extra details of resource stats. i only use 6 resources for my entire empire. makes life easeir on me. there is a whole lot more to it, but unfortunately, i never bothered with that sorta thing, you would have to ask anxcon or sirP for greater details.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2319 by Minister
Wait so I can use any minerals for my ships I don't have to worry about any it or do you use 6 diffent alloys in your component making.

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #2320 by Cyrusblack2
doesnt matter too much, i mean there are some interference issues, you may notice radar ranges, maneuvering speed and other slight variations of outputs, its a sideffect of "noise" that occurs in resources used in various parts interfering with each other. its not well documented and wasnt made public knowledge till near teh games end. there was a lot of little annoying things no one ever mentioned. i find it quite distasteful.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds