More
6 years 9 months ago #2303 by Cyrusblack2
Replied by Cyrusblack2 on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
no one currently. sorry . we would have to create an active team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2306 by DeeDiebS
Replied by DeeDiebS on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
Well Am Learning Visual Basic And I got my Hands on the Original Source Code (I dont have a Server So I cant really test It And they way they show on the Website is kinda Beyond Me right Now) So I'm Willing to Rebuild The Game at Any cost.

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #2307 by Cyrusblack2
a lot of us where. but no one can agree on how to proceed, nor do they posses )myself included) the necessary skills nor patience to actaully bother.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2308 by DeeDiebS
Replied by DeeDiebS on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
Well In the Mean time I have the Source code, Visual Studio 2013, but I feel like am missing something because The Game wont even start.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2313 by Minister
Replied by Minister on topic Re: Lazy Newb Pack/ General help for Newbs
This may seems Super noob but I need to know the Difference between Primary weapons Secondary and Point defense( I think I already know for the Point defense). I have a fighter coming up and it has all 3 weapons for Primary. I want to know if that will interfere with my firing. The main weapon is the missile and the other tow are Projectile weapons. I want it so I kinda fires the missile not that much and the projectile weapon more. The add on to that I want to know if I need to buy multiple missiles or just one and it fires. I don't want to go to battle with one missile you know.

A different question on the Google doc

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTi2eIqg...pli=1#gid=1042807321

Do I just enter the stuff I want to get an outcome like is a auto process or is it like a Example to show how to manage your ships. Sorry for all the noob question. Thanks :pinch:

• Cyrusblack2
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2314 by Cyrusblack2
primary and secondary weapons are a control system thing mostly. thre are triggers in the AI for using secondary and primary weapons. Point defense weaposn are listed internally on the F1 help. if my memory serves, PD causes your weapon to take half hull or quarter hull, yet, still its full power demand. in return, the fire rate and accuracy are doubled, range is halfed. i beleive, that information may be off, as i have never used PD. not that PD is a bad thing, its that part expense is exponential, but the gains for assigning pd are incremental. i dont know, but i never felt it was well implemented.

as far as my google doc goes, if there is a reference cell (F4, G32-H33, or whatever) in the cell location, then dont replace it the hull amounts max need to be imput manually, any improvements on this sheet would require me coding it in VB, i hit the limits of what i can do in an excell spreedsheet
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Cyrusblack2.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds