random crashes during login

• Desertfox
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1135 by Desertfox
random crashes during login was created by Desertfox
I experience random crashes during login.

I startup BP, get to the loginscreen, enter userID/password and press login.
A little square starts circling, and half the time I login as I should. But often the circling square suddenly freezes , and a few seconds later I get the popup "beyond protocol has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". This can happen after one second or after several seconds, it can happen in any of the login phases (i.e. processing login request, validating version etc.) written on the screen. In fact, if I get past enough login phases and dont click on either the "send error report" or the "dont send" button on the error popup, the screen becomes black and a minute or so later the login is successful anyway. But sometimes the screen stays black. Some days I have no problems, and some days I have to make 3,4,5,6,7 or even more login attempts to get into the game. On bad days it may take me up to 20 minutes to login. Once into the game, the game is fairly stable.

Every time I crash there is a file written in the BP folder, named "BadRPD_[timestamp].txt" size 1-17 kb.

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Desertfox.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1147 by Blazde
Replied by Blazde on topic Re: random crashes during login
Had a few of these too on startup too but no way near as bad. And also using XP. I've got four BadRPD files in the BP directoty, not certain all were from startup crashes but most are
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Blazde.

More
9 years 2 months ago #1156 by Cyrusblack2
Replied by Cyrusblack2 on topic Re: random crashes during login
server is down for updates.

More
9 years 2 months ago #1177 by Blazde
Replied by Blazde on topic Re: random crashes during login

Cyrusblack2 wrote: server is down for updates.

This happens when the server appears completely fine

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds